To do well in KPMG interview, whether at entry level or experienced hire position, you will find these tips very useful
- Research the company (you may visit the website, read brochures, newspapers, magazines, question your colleagues, etc.). It will help you gain a better understanding of the firm.
- Think about examples from your life which may be used at the interview. They should emphasise your achievements and unique points.
- Remember that everything you present during the interview will be considered part of your real personality. The interviewer does not know you. Be honest, but do not forget to highlight your strengths.
- Read your application once again (do not forget to copy it before sending it to the company).
- Be committed to this job! Know why you want a career in this field. Think about questions that you would like to ask. If the interviewer gives you time for it, you will have a chance to raise any issues you may be curious about. Remember that recruitment is a bilateral process, and both sides are trying to decide whether they are interested in cooperation.
What to do to overcome pre-interview stress:
- Have you prepared for the interview? Still feeling not very confident? It is natural to be nervous, and sometimes it is even good because it can help you concentrate harder. Try not to be overwhelmed by your nervousness.
- Be yourself! Go to the cinema, read books, meet your friends and do not think about the interview all the time.
- Take a step back and be realistic. What happens if you fail? Whether you do or do not get this job, you have gained some valuable experience and a better knowledge of the labor market. Next time you can make good use of it.
Useful tips for the interview day:
- Arrive a few minutes earlier, do not be late!
- Look professional: dressing appropriately, maintaining eye contact and taking care with your body language are key factors in making a good impression.
- Listen. This is an important ability, which not everyone possesses.
- Clarify the question. If you do not really understand what the interviewer means, ask for clarification and answer accordingly. Stick to the question.
- Do not smoke, chew gum or be too familiar.
- Smile! It naturally raises your confidence.
- Accept a drink (tea/coffee/water). It gives you something to do during gaps in the conversation. Try to stop your hands from fiddling. Place them on your documents or your drink.
- Be natural.
Source: KPMG global website
You may want to use JarusHub interview coaching service to aid your preparation. We have coached several candidates who were successful at KPMG assessment centers and interviews. Click here to begin.
For more discussions on careers, join our forum, HOTPROFORUM
Subscribe free to JarusHub for more tips on careers and education